Might As Well
*If Khalil married Sara
What would become of me?
If Sylvia avoided the oven
Would poetry ever be free?
The two ignited love to the max
What is left for you or me?
The other killed my passions
The day she suffocated her key
I roam the wilderness in poetry
A lost sheep among roaming wolves
Should I succumb to life or death?
Which fate awaits my livelihoods?
I try to steer away from Plath
Yet genetically I am doomed
Like her I cannot find my path
With Sylvia’s path- I am consumed
Doom, doom, I might as well
Gloom gloom, my sealed tomb
The broom’s gloom whishing well
Death wish my womb’s plume
August 3th 2013
*Copyright Leaking Pen 2013*
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Might As Well by Leaking Pen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver