Memories of Grandma
I look back on special memories
Of grandma when I was a kid
Many special things she said
And special things that we did.
One of those things was baking
She knew the recipes by heart
So excited I would be
I couldn't wait for us to start.
Chocolate chip cookies so delicious
Sweet fragrance filled the rooms
If I had any problems at all
Cookies took away the glooms.
I have pictures of my grandma
So special they are to me
Memories forever in my mind
Yes, everything I can still see.
Marilyn Lott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories of Grandma by Marilyn Lott )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)