Gwendolyn Brooks (7 June 1917 – 3 December 2000 / Topeka, Kansas)
Mayor Harold Washington
Mayor. Worldman. Historyman.
Beyond steps that occur and close,
your steps are echo-makers.
You can never be forgotten.
We begin our health.
We enter the Age of Alliance.
This is our senior adventure.
Poet Other Poems
- A Bronzeville Mother Loiters in Mississi...
- A Penitent Considers Another Coming of M...
- a song in the front yard
- A Sunset of the City
- Boy Breaking Glass
- Garbageman: The Man With The Orderly Min...
- Jessie Mitchell’s Mother
- Kitchenette Building
- Mayor Harold Washington
- My Dreams, My Works, Must Wait Till Afte...
- Of De Witt Williams On His Way To Lincol...
- Of Robert Frost
- One Wants a Teller in a Time Like This
- Primer For Blacks
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.