As man is destined by his heart and fate
He will search for his one and true soulmate
He will knock at every door and cross every fence
Man is determined and his want is immense.
GOD created man’s mate from man’s rib
Then that knowledge he whispered to him in his crib
That a woman one day will become his mate
For her, man will dream and also man he will wait.
In the heart and soul there is a yearning
Calling for the one destined with a burning
So man he will wander and he will search
And his final reward will end him up in a church.
I once was that man and I too had that feeling
My passion and desires they were revealing
I had walked down many roads I crossed many seas
But all I found was the ocean, and a forest of trees.
Man he will search for his partner and his spouse
He will knock at every door going from house to house
As he remembers the knowledge that GOD had spoke
That he had created him a mate; and then he awoke.
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mate by Randy McClave )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- It isn't easy!, Lubinda Lubinda
- I Am Third, Perry Biggerstaff
- The Nigeria Political Vampires, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Alack! Afore! Alack! Afore!, Dexsta Ray
- WAR modern art-form of meaninglessness, George Dee Vuy
- I let myself, Elena Ioannou
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Broken Waves, Pintu Mahakul
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila