~Many a Mother is Forgotten Today
Many a mother is forgotten today
For whatever reasons there are.
Those reasons will be the reasons that we
Will be forgotten someday in the far
Distant future when we have grown old;
Sure that the reasons we think of are true,
So the truth will never be told.
For no one will bother a mother today
For somebody’s mother she is;
And we mustn’t intrude on the family per-se,
So alone she sits as she lives
And pretends to the world that some boy or girl
Has remembered a mother at home:
For the shame of her youth-she knows the truth;
She pays in her hours alone.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~Many a Mother is Forgotten Today by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas