I have an idea. Why not today,
Even now, this very moment,
However late the hour,
We could act as if
Neither one of us once allowed
The words “I love you” to form upon our lips.
Come on! What's with you?
Given our situation, it's worth a try.
Let's pretend we know not each other,
That within us desire plays no role.
Make believe that soul meeting soul
Is silly stuff, a bit of romantic nonsense.
Might we suppose that memories are absent,
And the tumult of heartache, not a factor at all!
Maybe then, at sunrise tomorrow,
We awake and find that nothing remains between us,
No more happiness or sorrow,
No hint of regret or regard.
Love, what love, love had never been ours.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
We'll act as if
You never said 'I love you.'
Pretend like we never wanted
We just don't care
We really won't
Comments about this poem (Make Believe by STANLEY PACION )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- What I Know About Epistemology, John Surowiecki
- we the people, glen pugh
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov