Lullaby For The Forlorn
As the cute tabby cat stole
Out of the lobby, surreptiously,
the other inmates fast asleep,
Its moving paws silenced and
feared by the loud snore of some.
Outside the dogs bark,
Close to midnight, sequel
The innocent wail of the month old
baby, abandoned by the heartless.
Night glared by the Moonlight
for the delay in tending the forlorn
looks askance at the child.
I peep through the window,
The temple priest
Closing the gates of
the temple, willingly
opened the rugged, locked door
of the Future of the Innocent,
sings a soothing lullaby.
Radhamani Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lullaby For The Forlorn by Radhamani Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Okay okay I said, gajanan mishra
- Friends are there, hasmukh amathalal
- In deep, hasmukh amathalal
- Truth is supreme, gajanan mishra
- Photograph from September 11, Wislawa Szymborska
- A stain..., GRANT FRASER
- buzz be what?, Mandolyn ...
- The Cat, Novica Tadić
- Singing in the Shower, Joan Goodwin
- Pappou Elia's Poem - A More Literal Tran.., Elia Michael