Lullaby For The Forlorn
As the cute tabby cat stole
Out of the lobby, surreptiously,
the other inmates fast asleep,
Its moving paws silenced and
feared by the loud snore of some.
Outside the dogs bark,
Close to midnight, sequel
The innocent wail of the month old
baby, abandoned by the heartless.
Night glared by the Moonlight
for the delay in tending the forlorn
looks askance at the child.
I peep through the window,
The temple priest
Closing the gates of
the temple, willingly
opened the rugged, locked door
of the Future of the Innocent,
sings a soothing lullaby.
Radhamani Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lullaby For The Forlorn by Radhamani Sarma )
- Eternity I, Naveed Khalid
- The Reign of Life, Patrick Czyz
- On The Rosy Cross, Naveed Khalid
- Survival, Patrick Czyz
- Title Of A Poem, Naveed Khalid
- मेरे रब मेरे ही होना!, Aftab Alam
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- The Ghost and the Darkness, Ima Ryma
- Bermuda's Triangle, Naveed Khalid
- खुद के साये से भी डरने लगा हूँ, Aftab Alam