Lullaby For The Forlorn
As the cute tabby cat stole
Out of the lobby, surreptiously,
the other inmates fast asleep,
Its moving paws silenced and
feared by the loud snore of some.
Outside the dogs bark,
Close to midnight, sequel
The innocent wail of the month old
baby, abandoned by the heartless.
Night glared by the Moonlight
for the delay in tending the forlorn
looks askance at the child.
I peep through the window,
The temple priest
Closing the gates of
the temple, willingly
opened the rugged, locked door
of the Future of the Innocent,
sings a soothing lullaby.
Radhamani Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lullaby For The Forlorn by Radhamani Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Forever Crying Angel, Vlad Mutuleanu
- ThankYou!, Geetha Jayakumar
- let the wild rumpus start!, Mandolyn ...
- Day 28 of July 2014, Erica Borges
- Keep on the Sunny Side, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Switches …… [NOT just for electrician.., Bri Edwards
- there's heaven on the plains and freedom.., Mandolyn ...