Lord Shiva as Ardhanareeswara
Lord Shiva is a Hindu deity
Meaning the one who is Auspicious
He is the Supreme God personality
Who to all is propitious.
Shiva’s divine consort is Shakthi
She occupies the left half of Shiva’s body
Shiva and Shakthi are Matter and Energy
In the form of Ardhanareeswara they are in one body.
One cannot separate Sun and Sun-light
So are Shiva and Shakthi inseparable
One cannot separate Moon and Moon-llight
So are they- Two in One-very stable.
Shiva is in the form Masculine
He is ever static
Shakthi is in the form Feminine
She is ever dynamic.
This hermaphrodite form of Lord Shiva
Vertically, as half Male and half Female
Exists in the town Thiruchengodu, South India
Specified as Ardhanareeswara, is the tell-tale.
It is held that all men
Were derived from Shiva –part
And it is held that women
Were derived from Shakthi—part.
Shiva is the transcendant
Masculine aspect providing ground divine
Shakthi is the transcendant
Feminine aspect providing her womb for life-line.
This is to portray specifically
That Shiva and Shakthi are one and the same
Man and Woman are born equally
That is the secret of the frame!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Naree means Lady
Eswara means Shiva
Comments about this poem (Lord Shiva as Ardhanareeswara by chandra thiagarajan )
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(November 1, 1871 – June 5, 1900)