? Litotes ?
My verse cannot completely trace
a fair reflection who's soft light
underscores such endless grace.
Dream words, found wanting, seek insight.
Eternal beauty, spirit bright,
must judge each base line inks disgrace
as none compare! What second sight
unties knot, satisfies both pace,
due praise, phrased paean, may replace
English deficient, narrow, quite
coarse, inadequate. One face
could stand time's envy, jealous spite.
Yet, reading this, who will believe
there’s no intention to deceive?
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (? Litotes ? by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
- Big Dark Cloud, Albert Martin
- 1 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- America, What's So Beautiful?, Kathryn Tyler King
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)