? Litotes ?
My verse cannot completely trace
a fair reflection who's soft light
underscores such endless grace.
Dream words, found wanting, seek insight.
Eternal beauty, spirit bright,
must judge each base line inks disgrace
as none compare! What second sight
unties knot, satisfies both pace,
due praise, phrased paean, may replace
English deficient, narrow, quite
coarse, inadequate. One face
could stand time's envy, jealous spite.
Yet, reading this, who will believe
there’s no intention to deceive?
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (? Litotes ? by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.40, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.39, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.38, Monk E. Biz
- Changes, Tex T Sarnie
- Mankind, Tex T Sarnie
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.37, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ v.36, Monk E. Biz
- What Obama..Years Sought...Served Up On .., James B. Earley
- The Dream Catcher, Savita Tyagi
- Believe In Your Own Life Again, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)