? Litotes ?
My verse cannot completely trace
a fair reflection who's soft light
underscores such endless grace.
Dream words, found wanting, seek insight.
Eternal beauty, spirit bright,
must judge each base line inks disgrace
as none compare! What second sight
unties knot, satisfies both pace,
due praise, phrased paean, may replace
English deficient, narrow, quite
coarse, inadequate. One face
could stand time's envy, jealous spite.
Yet, reading this, who will believe
there’s no intention to deceive?
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (? Litotes ? by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Preposterous, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- The Little Wood, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Moral Roundabout, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Old Wheelwright, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Idiot Girl, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- All the Steps, John Taggart
- Heimdall, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Orange Berries Dark Green Leaves, John Taggart
- Horses To Market, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Foreign Wife Elegy, Yuko Taniguchi