Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO'
“NO “means “NO”- is what she said
As he tried to pull her to the bed.
He thought that he had the right
After taking her to dinner that night.
Why is it that when a man spends money
He thinks that he’s entitled to a little honey.
Would you accept it if it was your sister or mother
That this was happening to!
Or someone was trying to do this to you if you was in jail
And all you’re screaming and fighting
Happened to fail.
And if you were taken by force- and you had no other recourse.
Your dignity, your pride, your self esteem
All taken away like in a dream.
You have been violated mind and soul
With no one to turn to, not leaving you whole.
When the word “NO” is used and it’s done anyway
Then there’s a price that you must pay.
One is a victim, the other a raper
As it will come out in the court papers.
Is that short pleasure worth the time?
20 or more years behind the line.
So heed that word “NO” and heed it well
Living behind bars is really hell.
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO' by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I move, so I am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby
- Being in love, Sahra Hussein
- Walk On!, Shweta Nair