Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO'
“NO “means “NO”- is what she said
As he tried to pull her to the bed.
He thought that he had the right
After taking her to dinner that night.
Why is it that when a man spends money
He thinks that he’s entitled to a little honey.
Would you accept it if it was your sister or mother
That this was happening to!
Or someone was trying to do this to you if you was in jail
And all you’re screaming and fighting
Happened to fail.
And if you were taken by force- and you had no other recourse.
Your dignity, your pride, your self esteem
All taken away like in a dream.
You have been violated mind and soul
With no one to turn to, not leaving you whole.
When the word “NO” is used and it’s done anyway
Then there’s a price that you must pay.
One is a victim, the other a raper
As it will come out in the court papers.
Is that short pleasure worth the time?
20 or more years behind the line.
So heed that word “NO” and heed it well
Living behind bars is really hell.
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen Men - 'NO' means 'NO' by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran
- Where are we?, Pintu Mahakul
- Gazing up the sky, Seira LNlee94