naked and hungry
among the unfamiliar
passport seized and thrown
on to street to negotiate
his destiny descended
on him by weird quirk of
is the brand name
with visa papers n passport
kept in the custody of one
who promised the promised land!
Anything short of begging
The family DNA came to rescue n he fought back.
The police came to him
for advice, the deprived
knocked at his door,
the hungry was sure to
get fed once with him.
Established his name n fame with his innate goodness yet the stigma
Illegal immigrant loomed.
Illness he couldn't avoid
but how well tended for
Back on feet, happiness restored teasingly. He had
to tie all ends to acquire
documents to attend on
a sick wife his illegal status
didn't allow him to visit
for almost a decade n half.
He landed back with his people
and the wife breathed last!
Neither here nor there, now, again a stranger, this time
among the familiar!
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's travails by indira babbellapati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Everything but God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (acrostic poem), Marvin Brato Sr
- The Taking, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Killing Frost, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Inscrutable Twist, Anne Pierson Wiese
- The Cordyceps, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- South, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Columbus Park, Anne Pierson Wiese