' A Poem For All Men and Women! '
Demean not your body
Given to you
For a divine purpose!
You're not mere body, though!
A soul's passage
To an earthly sojourn
Is no spitoon!
That hold life secure
That nourish growth
That bears the world
Can never be a play-field
For the undeserving
For those who look upon it
As a booty to loot!
It's not for measly men
Who price it at their whim!
Ridden with pain
Your body is a celebration too
Your body is a unique creation
To house creation!
indira babbellapati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (' A Poem For All Men and Women! ' by indira babbellapati )
- Snapshot of a Mass Murderer, Paul Hartal
- The Sentinel, Percy Dovetonsils
- Negative Beings, Tameeka Smith
- Liberty Is, Sandra Feldman
- Forgotten Prayer, Noreen Carden
- *ifrat*, Crystal Heart
- Inside Out, Ronald Chapman
- Hers and mine, Nassy Fesharaki
- Lifetime Memberships, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Hypocrite That Contradicts, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(15 April 1958)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)