Life passes through, not being born.
The flowers think they gave birth to seeds,
The shoots, they gave birth to the flowers,
And the plants, they gave birth to the shoots,
So do the seeds they gave birth to plants.
You think you gave birth to the child.
None thinks they are only entrances
For the life force that passes through.
A life is not born, it passes through.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life passes through, not being born. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Forgotten Things, Archan Mehta
- Regression, Luo Zhihai
- None Shall Outlive These Rhymes, Hannington Mumo
- Days Of You I Miss, Spiritwind Wood