Champs Ulysses Cabinatan
Life Is Not...
Life is not Facebook that can accommodate 5000 friends
Life is not Google that can search sites to questions you are seeking with
Life is more than your notebook, you PC or the internet
Life is not the phone, the tablet or any modern gadget
And life is not the noise, the song, or the music being played
Life is more than the fast food chain that can give your order instantly
Satiate your hunger, your delight and your cravings.
Life is more than the supermarket or the neighborhood grocery.
Life is more than the physical foods or the clothes or any raiment
There’s more to life than all these things!
Life is not the can of soda that can quench your thirst
Life is not the cigarette which you presume can relieve your stress
Life is not the beer that gives a minute of forgetfulness
Life is not the ashtray or the garbage where you dump your waste
Life is more than merry making, earthly pleasure, or worldly happiness
Life is not the chocolates, cup of coffee or a mug of tea
Life is more than the jewelries or your accessories
Life is not a toilet where you visit to defecate
Life is more than the bar you go to escape life’s regrets
and life is not the pill that frees you for an hour of anxieties.
Life is not the house, the car, the money or the vacation!
Life is not the party, the extravagance, and the frivolities
So don’t be in despair you cannot get all of these or these were taken away
Don’t be contemptuous to your dear ones if they cannot give you these
There’s more to life than all of these
Champs Ulysses Cabinatan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Not... by Champs Ulysses Cabinatan )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein