Life In High School
Waking up early in the morning,
Getting yourself ready
For the days journey
To your place of learning.
Prefects gets you picking
Every dirts in the premises, feeling no pity.
When you trespass, cane lands on you heavily,
Going back the next day not minding...
It is a rockhard process,
When patiently endured,
The gains become copious.
I patiently endured,
Minding not the difficulties.
Ho! high school, through you I metamorphosed.
ali chukwuemeka's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life In High School by ali chukwuemeka )
- E-rated poemier-heel out, Elvis Airohi
- The Keladi People, Ismim Putera
- 159. The Book of my Life, John Westlake
- Words were golden, hasmukh amathalal
- The Allen Chronicles, Romella Kitchens
- My eyes, Cee Bea
- E-rated poemier-all us, Elvis Airohi
- April Woman, Salma Jayyusi
- The Ship of Love, Salma Jayyusi
- Censorious Ignorance, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Cross, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)