I've grown up to see,
Life aint how it used to be when i was young,
I've grown up to realise,
Not everybody who said they love me,
Meant it from within.
You live yours,
I live mine,
But somehow, you're a part of me,
I'm now realising life is this big mystery,
Nobody's even bothering to solve it.
Will you live to see,
The day where you realise your dream? Yes!
No. You can't predict,
Tomorrow's content seem bleak,
Nobody knows where you'll be.
Now and then i struggle to sleep,
Many people lost their life in their sleep,
I just want to live to see,
What life's future holds for me.
Life is filled with big dreams,
Infront of you reside big trees,
You'll have to chop them down for you to reach,
The desired destination you'll call your palace.
Things aren't how they used to be,
Easy as A.B.C,
I'm growing up now i see,
Things unfolding and bringing me to the reality,
Reality of something called LIFE.
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life. by Lesego Tsiu )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)