I've grown up to see,
Life aint how it used to be when i was young,
I've grown up to realise,
Not everybody who said they love me,
Meant it from within.
You live yours,
I live mine,
But somehow, you're a part of me,
I'm now realising life is this big mystery,
Nobody's even bothering to solve it.
Will you live to see,
The day where you realise your dream? Yes!
No. You can't predict,
Tomorrow's content seem bleak,
Nobody knows where you'll be.
Now and then i struggle to sleep,
Many people lost their life in their sleep,
I just want to live to see,
What life's future holds for me.
Life is filled with big dreams,
Infront of you reside big trees,
You'll have to chop them down for you to reach,
The desired destination you'll call your palace.
Things aren't how they used to be,
Easy as A.B.C,
I'm growing up now i see,
Things unfolding and bringing me to the reality,
Reality of something called LIFE.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life. by Lesego Tsiu )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal