I've grown up to see,
Life aint how it used to be when i was young,
I've grown up to realise,
Not everybody who said they love me,
Meant it from within.
You live yours,
I live mine,
But somehow, you're a part of me,
I'm now realising life is this big mystery,
Nobody's even bothering to solve it.
Will you live to see,
The day where you realise your dream? Yes!
No. You can't predict,
Tomorrow's content seem bleak,
Nobody knows where you'll be.
Now and then i struggle to sleep,
Many people lost their life in their sleep,
I just want to live to see,
What life's future holds for me.
Life is filled with big dreams,
Infront of you reside big trees,
You'll have to chop them down for you to reach,
The desired destination you'll call your palace.
Things aren't how they used to be,
Easy as A.B.C,
I'm growing up now i see,
Things unfolding and bringing me to the reality,
Reality of something called LIFE.
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life. by Lesego Tsiu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov