I've grown up to see,
Life aint how it used to be when i was young,
I've grown up to realise,
Not everybody who said they love me,
Meant it from within.
You live yours,
I live mine,
But somehow, you're a part of me,
I'm now realising life is this big mystery,
Nobody's even bothering to solve it.
Will you live to see,
The day where you realise your dream? Yes!
No. You can't predict,
Tomorrow's content seem bleak,
Nobody knows where you'll be.
Now and then i struggle to sleep,
Many people lost their life in their sleep,
I just want to live to see,
What life's future holds for me.
Life is filled with big dreams,
Infront of you reside big trees,
You'll have to chop them down for you to reach,
The desired destination you'll call your palace.
Things aren't how they used to be,
Easy as A.B.C,
I'm growing up now i see,
Things unfolding and bringing me to the reality,
Reality of something called LIFE.
Lesego Tsiu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life. by Lesego Tsiu )
- Closed, Annalee Hopkins Somerville
- Iridescent, Adriana Avila
- Arcadian, Kumarmani Mahakul
- A Hidden Angry, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- irritating rash, lee fones
- Feeling Love, Sandra Feldman
- so in other words, i feel for two, Mandolyn ...
- Text time, george albot
- Deep Friendship, Sandra Feldman
- The Mighty Tumbler, Samya Bose
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)