Let This Be My Last Goodbye
Let this be my last goodbye.
The last warning before I die.
The last tear you see in my eye.
The last word you read
and the last kiss you receive.
Let this be my last song I sing
and the last verse in your dreams.
Let me strike a note in your heart,
though you killed me from the start.
Let fate be revealed
and history made,
Please, let this be my last goodbye
and see the tear drop from your eye.
Chris Cariad's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let This Be My Last Goodbye by Chris Cariad )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore