Let The Earth Breath
The lungs of earth, are being attacked,
If we want to keep breathing its now we should act,
If not for the sake of our own peace of mind,
Then for our children‘s children and all of mankind.
Trees by themselves are a beautiful sight,
Aesthetically pleasing in their own right,
But of greater importance and why we should care,
The trees and the plankton, Provide all of our air.
A forest the size of a small country, I fear,
Is torn, from the face of our planet each year,
To anthropomorphise the earth as a metaphor,
From space you would see it trying to breathe more.
There are many things that, require our attention,
But gasping for breath, is one we should mention,
Please all plant a tree, well more if you can,
To be more eco friendly sounds like a plan.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let The Earth Breath by Damian Cranney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- we were made for love..., Marshall Gass
- The piano tutor......, Marshall Gass
- The fog......., Marshall Gass
- silence, Marshall Gass
- Trauma, Marshall Gass
- Tequila and Temptation., Marshall Gass
- which button makes me disappear?, Mandolyn ...
- PEOPLE الناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- After The Interview...ll, Morgan Michaels
- Follow The Flies, Is It Poetry