Lest We Forget
Ten years have etched the face of time -
Since tears in sombre drops lament your sleep,
And yet, we hold the deck stacked high
To memory, mocking the faceless thief....
Dimm'd eyes scanned day in unfocused blur,
Waves hid their ribs 'neath timber heads,
While foil faces wore crinkled frowns -
And salmon slipping in sweet surrender
Sucked the sun in orange setting,
While solemn stillness held such heavy hearts.
Now, soars your soul high like Easter kites
Untethered by threads of time,
Free in a tranquil wind.
Taste the nectar of Divinity -
And hold behind the mystery of dust......
Robert Dummett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lest We Forget by Robert Dummett )
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid
- Harvest Moon I, Naveed Khalid
- Elikal, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath