This game is the way in which slaughter becomes an end in itself.
Acta est fabula plaudite
The play has been performed; applaud!
Surely, less obvious ways exist
The Darkness seeks to manipulate us into its service.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea.
The act is not guilty unless the mind is also guilty.
Once all of them have won a very special princess prize,
the game is over....
and they will never buy another one.....
Alis grave nil.
Nothing is heavy to those who have wings
And maybe we cannot understand what's going on,
but we can understand that the players
skillfully hide behind the walls....
Cessante ratione legis cessat ipsa lex.
When the reason for the law ceases, the law itself ceases.
We seek escape from reality, we undermine our self-esteem.
Maybe we are unable to see them, but we need to talk about this.
And maybe they do not trust us when we tell them to come to us if they need
....about those who become their victims......
Sed ipse Spiritus postulat pro nobis, gemitibus inenarrabilibus.
But the same Spirit intercedes incessantly for us, with inexpressible groans.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Latina Time by Marieta Maglas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh