Chantelle remarked while sipping tea
she’d no idea where Pip could be –
perhaps the garden shed?
He might have gone spelunking to
ventriloquize in tongues with Hugh
the gnostic trogloped.
Or hosting Channel Tunnel ghosts
to channel boring puns instead.
He could be spooning pearls from grist
indulging gastromancy midst
a balmy oyster bed.
Or madly miming semaphore
to flag ’Lucia di Lammermoor’-
whatever makes him happy she said.
Or even tutting scuttlebutt
while phutting through Kolkata but
he’d better not be dead.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Late by Diane Hine )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery
- Recognizing Tempos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sometimes an hour, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- The Possession of Love (Section 8 of Thi.., rajendran muthiah
- A BROKEN DREAM حلم مئطوش - حلم مكسور, MOHAMMAD SKATI