Land of Opportunity
A Tanka Prose
'U. of T. Too Asian? '
on my way
to another interview
maple leaves swirling
I stop at traffic lights, and see a Filipino nanny pushing a baby carriage. A second woman, walking in the opposite direction, pushes an old man in a wheelchair who is staring into space.
'Move, Chinaman. Get out of my way, ' a native English speaker yells at me.
Note: U. of T. stands for University of Toronto.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Land of Opportunity by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Car trouble, manthra har
- My Angel On Earth, Johnny Goyena
- Fore-as the forename, manthra har
- My Wish For You, Johnny Goyena
- Very unique lovecraft!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Whiskey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Lit Summers Sky, Lilly Emery
- After the Equinox, Francie Lynch
- Who Calls It That You Are Corrupt And Fa.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Holding My Unkempt Beards, Burquawalli A.., Bijay Kant Dubey