Land of Opportunity
A Tanka Prose
'U. of T. Too Asian? '
on my way
to another interview
maple leaves swirling
I stop at traffic lights, and see a Filipino nanny pushing a baby carriage. A second woman, walking in the opposite direction, pushes an old man in a wheelchair who is staring into space.
'Move, Chinaman. Get out of my way, ' a native English speaker yells at me.
Note: U. of T. stands for University of Toronto.
Chenou Liu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Land of Opportunity by Chenou Liu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou
- Karma says Patience, abigail sikwenda
- Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Now, D.L. Aceves
- *Jacaranda Bloom, C. P. Sharma
- We are free, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Parasite, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta