Biography of Chenou Liu
Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chen-ou Liu was a college teacher, essayist, editor, and two-time winner of the national Best Book Review Radio Program Award. In 2002, he emigrated to Canada and settled in Ajax, a suburb of Toronto. There, he continues to struggle with a life in transition and translation. Featured in New Resonance 7: Emerging Voices in English-Language Haiku, and listed as one of the top ten haiku poets for 2011 (Simply Haiku,9: 3,4, Autumn/Winter 2011) , Chen-ou Liu is the author of Ripples from a Splash, Following the Moon to the Maple Land(First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest) , Broken/Breaking English, and Politics/Poetics of Re-Homing. His tanka and haiku have been honored with 64 awards, including Certificate of Merit by the Tankagendai Corp,7th International Tanka Festival Competition,2012, Tanka First and Third Places in the 2011 San Francisco International Competition, Grand Prix in the 2010 Klostar Ivanic Haiku Contest, and First Prize Winner in the 2010 Haiku International Association Haiku Contest. Read more of his poems at Poetry in the Moment, http: //chenouliu.blogspot.com/ Currently Editor and Translator of NeverEnding Story, First English-Chinese Bilingual Haiku and Tanka Blog, http: //neverendingstoryhaikutanka.blogspot.ca/
Chenou Liu's Works:
Chen-ou Liu is the author of Ripples from a Splash: A Collection of Haiku Essays with Award-Winning Haiku, Following the Moon to the Maple Land (First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest) , Broken/Breaking English: Selected Short Poems, and Politics/Poetics of Re-Homing
- A Tanka About Minimum Wage -new-
- There Is No There There -new-
- Who is My Neighbor -new-
- A Haiku About Writing Haiku
- Spring Morning Air Tanka
- Home Shore Tanka
- A Tanka about Toronto
- Daydream Haiku
- A Set Of Tanka For Emily Dickinson
- Ilha Formosa? , A Haibun For Japanese Ea...
- Brownie, You're Doing A Heck Of A Job
- Winter Rain Tanka
- Dripping Sound Tanka
- First Snowflakes Tanka
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide