Biography of Chenou Liu
Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chen-ou Liu was a college teacher, essayist, editor, and two-time winner of the national Best Book Review Radio Program Award. In 2002, he emigrated to Canada and settled in Ajax, a suburb of Toronto. There, he continues to struggle with a life in transition and translation. Featured in New Resonance 7: Emerging Voices in English-Language Haiku, and listed as one of the top ten haiku poets for 2011 (Simply Haiku,9: 3,4, Autumn/Winter 2011) , Chen-ou Liu is the author of Ripples from a Splash: A Collection of Haiku Essays with Award-Winning Haiku and Following the Moon to the Maple Land (First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest) . His tanka and haiku have been honored with 49 awards, including Certificate of Merit by the Tankagendai Corp,7th International Tanka Festival Competition,2012, Tanka First and Third Places in the 2011 San Francisco International Competition, Grand Prix in the 2010 Klostar Ivanic Haiku Contest, and First Prize Winner in the 2010 Haiku International Association Haiku Contest. Read more of his poems at Poetry in the Moment, http: //chenouliu.blogspot.com/ Currently Editor and Translator of NeverEnding Story, First English-Chinese Bilingual Haiku and Tanka Blog, http: //neverendingstoryhaikutanka.blogspot.ca/
Chenou Liu's Works:
Chen-ou Liu is the author of Ripples from a Splash: A Collection of Haiku Essays with Award-Winning Haiku, Following the Moon to the Maple Land (First Prize Winner of the 2011 Haiku Pix Chapbook Contest) , and Broken/Breaking English: Selected Short Poems.
- A Tanka about So-Called Clichéd Imagery -new-
- 'Oh, Bama Thought Police' Sci-Fi Haiku -new-
- Jazz Music Haiku -new-
- De Wallen at Twilight
- 'Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry” Tanka
- Edge of Night Tanka
- Harvest Moon Tanka
- Starry Night Tanka
- Journey through the Land of Melting Cloc...
- Vincent's Ghost Tanka
- Youthful Mother Haiku
- Another Year, A Haiku Sequence
- Finger Cutting Tanka
- Migrating Geese Haiku
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
- A Haiku About Dueling
- A Haiku about Education
- A Haiku about Gaza
- A Haiku about Heated Haiku Debate
- A Haiku about Laughing Buddha
- A Haiku about Mt. Fuji
dancing in the wind
her past, our future…