Born in Taipei, Taiwan, Chen-ou Liu was a college teacher, essayist, editor, and two-time winner of the national Best Book Review Radio Program Award. In 2002, he emigrated to Canada and settled in Ajax, a suburb of Toronto. There, he continues to struggle with a life in transition and translation. Featured in New Resonance 7: Emerging Voices in English-Language Haiku, and listed as one of the top... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
- I dream therefore I am -new-
- I See for Emily Dickinson -new-
- Police Sirens Haiku -new-
- Day and Night written on Canadian Thanks... -new-
- Mobile Light Vigil Tanka for Hong Kong's...
- Yellow Ribbons Haiku
- The answer is blowin' in the wind
- We shall overcome someday...for Ferguson...
- What's In A Name? Written In Response To...
- Old Wall Clock Haiku
- Beginning of the End, A Haiku Sequence
- Visual Snow Haiku
- Always the Moon
- The Years of Living Consciously
- Butterfly Dream Haiku
- Hazy Moonlight Haiku
- Haiku Sequence: You Must Stay Drunk on W...
- A Dead Man Writing
- 'Taste of Moonlight' Haiku
- Pussy Riot Haiku
- Red Spider Lilies Haiku
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Haiku About Writing Haiku
- Beach Bonfire Haiku
- American Dream Haiku
- A Haiku about Heated Haiku Debate
- A Haiku about Education
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)