Lady of the Limelight
Infringement was everywhere.
Her time was not that of her own.
The media were always there.
Why would they not let her alone?
A happy life, for her was not to be.
That fairy-tale romance that did not last,
Instead, All she had, Was misery.
Trespassing on her every move, and past.
As the summer went, so did she.
Bounty hunters flashing cameras descends
Blundering, as they would not let her be.
A chase in Paris, Crash! Diana's life ends.
Now; the world in shock, Mourn Sweet Di,
Their lost cannot be replaces.
All and everyone asked, Why Oh Why.
What really happen, to our Princess Di?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lady of the Limelight by mai venn )
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Boy vs girl, Mark Heathcote
- remplaçable, Lubinda Lubinda
- Human Nature, Merton Lee
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI