Sant Surdas (1478 - 1581 / India)
Krishna Goes To The Woods
O Krishna, darling of Gokula, awake
I have brought you milk, curd and sugar-candy come and partake of these delicacies: your pals are at the door, calling you to play; the sun has risen and it's time to go to the woods.
Hearing her words Krishna joyfully arose and after breakfasting departed for the woods Says Suradasa, my heart's always where the Lord is.
Sant Surdas's Other Poems
- Awake O! Prince Of Braj
- Krishna Approaches Radha
- Krishna Awakes
- Krishna Beginning To Speak
- Krishna Complains About His Older Brothe...
- Krishna Crawling
- Krishna Denying He Stole The Butter
- Krishna Goes To The Woods
- Krishna In The Cradle
- Krishna Learning To Walk
- Krishna Learns To Walk
- Krishna Questions His Hair Braid Not Gro...
- Krishna Returning With The Herd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.