Sant Surdas (1478 - 1581 / India)
Chuckling, Kanha came crawling,
Trying to catch His reflection
In the bejewelled courtyard of Nanda.
One moment He would stare at His shadow
Then move His hands to hold it
Chuckling in delight, two teeth showing
Again and again He would try.
Calling Nanda to come and see
Yasoda watched in joy
Then covering Sur's Lord with her aanchal
She began to feed her boy.
Read poems about / on: joy
Poet Other Poems
- Awake O! Prince Of Braj
- Krishna Approaches Radha
- Krishna Awakes
- Krishna Beginning To Speak
- Krishna Complains About His Older Brothe...
- Krishna Crawling
- Krishna Denying He Stole The Butter
- Krishna Goes To The Woods
- Krishna In The Cradle
- Krishna Learning To Walk
- Krishna Learns To Walk
- Krishna Questions His Hair Braid Not Gro...
- Krishna Returning With The Herd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.