Lawrence S. Pertillar
Kept Faith Is The Test
One's kept faith is the test with a letting,
Of those obstacles faced to witness erased.
To then confirm, if wished...
In a testament to one's belief.
And with a doing of this has provided relief.
Tangible proof many have as blessings are bestowed,
To show they need not try to convince to impose.
Or become offended by those who have yet,
Lived a life to experience miracles presented...
With a feeling everyday of a gratefulness to address.
But some 'will' for whatever the reasons to be given,
Express an indifference to defend themselves against,
That which they have not come to comprehend.
Or with a faith claimed to know well and freed of pretense,
Allow with honesty to have it lead as they follow.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kept Faith Is The Test by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Tazkera–e-bewafa …………, shaik sahal
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- Hymn To Morning, Naveed Khalid
- A NIGHT OF INCANTATIONS, Bayo Adebowale
- A Walk In The Woods, Michael Webb
- A Song Of Joys, Walt Whitman
- Fließendes Grün, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge