Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Kept Faith Is The Test
One's kept faith is the test with a letting,
Of those obstacles faced to witness erased.
To then confirm, if wished...
In a testament to one's belief.
And with a doing of this has provided relief.
Tangible proof many have as blessings are bestowed,
To show they need not try to convince to impose.
Or become offended by those who have yet,
Lived a life to experience miracles presented...
With a feeling everyday of a gratefulness to address.
But some 'will' for whatever the reasons to be given,
Express an indifference to defend themselves against,
That which they have not come to comprehend.
Or with a faith claimed to know well and freed of pretense,
Allow with honesty to have it lead as they follow.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.