Lawrence S. Pertillar
Kept Faith Is The Test
One's kept faith is the test with a letting,
Of those obstacles faced to witness erased.
To then confirm, if wished...
In a testament to one's belief.
And with a doing of this has provided relief.
Tangible proof many have as blessings are bestowed,
To show they need not try to convince to impose.
Or become offended by those who have yet,
Lived a life to experience miracles presented...
With a feeling everyday of a gratefulness to address.
But some 'will' for whatever the reasons to be given,
Express an indifference to defend themselves against,
That which they have not come to comprehend.
Or with a faith claimed to know well and freed of pretense,
Allow with honesty to have it lead as they follow.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kept Faith Is The Test by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman
- My life, Abekah Emmanuel
- Hook-Nosed Barbra, Richard Thripp
- she will be mine, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- 2014 IS THE PRETTY YEAR OF HOPE سنة 2014.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- i apologize for all the in you windows...., Mandolyn ...
- three legged race, lee fones
- THE PRETTY SHORES IN YOUR EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI