God they had to be no older than 20, and boy did they look run-in.
The sun had just gone down over the pawtuxet river when they had caught me,
not completely off-guard but not all together on,
it was the hour- the hour of the night dwellers the homeless make a killing on nights like tonight when the party crowds are out on the town looking for a real good time.
They were all sitting near the south end of the central park with what looked like a shopping cart full of boxes. I couldn’t make them at first but as I approached these denizens one broke the chill air “ say could you spare me some change? I am on the streets you know”
coming closer into the dim street lamp I saw how utterly run down this boy was and how in the lines and his eyes and in light he was truelly gone.
Here take a few beers thank you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (karmaintoxication by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- just hoping & wishing, kiranjot kaur thiara
- The Storm Comes, Greg Davidson