Edward Kofi Louis
I am a teacher but,
Who said that i have no father? !
For my mother is here and,
I can tell you who my father is.
The jungle out there is so thick but,
I know where my father stays;
And i need to walk through very slowly to meet his home,
For my father lives there and he is ready to meet me as well.
Kar is my name and i met you last night,
And i told you the story of my father who lives in the thick forest;
So come to my classroom and i will teach you wisdom,
For the unborn will still come out to learn from the mother.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kar by Edward Kofi Louis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Poem of the Day
- The Loss That Has Cost The People, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Christmas Glow, Cigeng Zhang
- The Watchers, Aaryan Deshpande
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal