Edward Kofi Louis
I am a teacher but,
Who said that i have no father? !
For my mother is her and,
I can tell you who my father is.
The jungle out there is so thick but,
I know where my father stays;
And i need to walk through versy slowly to meet his home,
For my father lives there and he is ready to meet me as well.
Kar is my name and i met you last night,
And i told you the story of my father who lives in the thick forest;
So come to my classroom and i will teach you wisdom,
For the unborn will still come out to learn from the mother.
Edward Kofi Louis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Kar by Edward Kofi Louis )
Did you read them?
- Towards the end of the plain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The years will pass, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sacrifice is sacrifice, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sacrifice of Beauty, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To night The waters drunk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- A fountain of the Waters, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)