Just Four Seasons
Four seasons rumble and fill the year,
Gasping at the wings of delight and decision,
Like apes that arise in midwinter,
Lists of heavenly men and women.
My soul has been contented,
By the nearest Paradise
That filled the years of my decline,
Had it been a winter of winters.
Four of them deny me access
To the sins of the fellows that mind
Me with the streams bustling
But enjoying the streaming of music.
Four of them, and then the spring
Shall defy summer that sings to the love
Of its autumn, that swings to the tune
Of winter, once winter augustly sings.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Just Four Seasons by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mathematical Formulation, Susan Lacovara
- Its been long, Komal Kapoor
- एक माँ की उम्मीद (Expectation of a Mother), Pawan Kumar Bharti
- Who Will They Put In Charge Of Vanishing.., mary douglas
- Low Resistance, Susan Lacovara
- If There Ever Was,, Bill Cantrell
- Fireworks, Shruti Goswami
- Rainbow disappear, hasmukh amathalal
- You say, Shruti Goswami
- I am civilized, Shruti Goswami