As you were newly born in May
I held you first, Sweet Babe.
I took you from your Mother`s womb
Child of the child I made.
Whilst I, with love was weak and deaf,
My arms a trembling so, Sweet Babe.
You gazed into my eyes and I
Hardly dared draw breath.
I could not know a year was all
The time that you could stay, Sweet Babe.
You gazed into my eyes and then
Silently slipped away.
In May, too cold and dark,
They laid you in the earth, Sweet Babe.
I will see your eyes in mine and hers
Until I last draw breath.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Jamie by Elizabeth Delaney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas
- Por-por Chha Gaya.........., Upendra Singh
- It Is Beautiful To Act Like A Sattagerin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minimalism, Adonis Enricuso
- Treasure Box, Adonis Enricuso
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper