It Is Your Smile…
Woman, let me demystify you,
So I can see why I love you
Let me search:
The curves, the preserves,
The gardens and the reserves,
So I can understand
Why every second
That you flash in my memory,
The chemical formula changes in my body.
You're safe and sound.
Let me examine you from head to toes:
Touch your nose,
Cover your cheeks,
Do some tricks,
Try to fake it,
Walk, run, stop and sit.
Oh! I'm beginning to see:
It is your smile
That drives me crazy;
It is your smile
That makes me feel so good.
Oh! My soul
Is engaged in a chaotic feud;
I wonder if you are the divine doll
That I dreamt of the other night.
You are out of sight.
Your smile drives me crazy,
Every day and every night,
When I am lonely,
When the sky is gloomy or bright
And when you gaze at me.
Hebert Logerie's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (It Is Your Smile… by Hebert Logerie )
- Wise Ones Have Said, Naveed Akram
- LOFTTY PERSON, Shannon Strauss
- U-Turn., Achill Ladd
- Scavenging the Wall, R. T. Smith
- Towards earth, hasmukh amathalal
- Rogue Russets, R. T. Smith
- Oxford Stroud Recollects Fishing with El.., R. T. Smith
- mounement, Rathna nagaraja
- Messenger, R. T. Smith
- MORNINGS GARMENT, Shannon Strauss
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)