Is It Noon Already?
'Is it noon already? ' said I
In a negligee, half awake.
Oh! I slept in again. Nigh
I kept my clock to wake
Up in the mornin' shine
But such is my disposition,
That me refuses to decline
From slumberin' position.
Wake me up, will you?
Tomorrow at six, no minute ahead.
And pour out a kettle or two
If it so demands to get me out of bed.
Or I shall sleep till it be end of day
And all activity, shall I cease
And become a withered feather, so to say.
Wake me up with earnest efforts. Please!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Noon Already? by Devanshi Khetarpal )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Philip Booth
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)