Is It Noon Already?
'Is it noon already? ' said I
In a negligee, half awake.
Oh! I slept in again. Nigh
I kept my clock to wake
Up in the mornin' shine
But such is my disposition,
That me refuses to decline
From slumberin' position.
Wake me up, will you?
Tomorrow at six, no minute ahead.
And pour out a kettle or two
If it so demands to get me out of bed.
Or I shall sleep till it be end of day
And all activity, shall I cease
And become a withered feather, so to say.
Wake me up with earnest efforts. Please!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Noon Already? by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bring Them Up, Edward Kofi Louis
- Argument, Leslie Philibert
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -102, Ronjoy Brahma
- Dammim II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Welsh Patterns in English Tongue, Pamela
- Mysterious Night, Greta Wolzak
- Passing Lives, RoseAnn V. Shawiak