Is It Noon Already?
'Is it noon already? ' said I
In a negligee, half awake.
Oh! I slept in again. Nigh
I kept my clock to wake
Up in the mornin' shine
But such is my disposition,
That me refuses to decline
From slumberin' position.
Wake me up, will you?
Tomorrow at six, no minute ahead.
And pour out a kettle or two
If it so demands to get me out of bed.
Or I shall sleep till it be end of day
And all activity, shall I cease
And become a withered feather, so to say.
Wake me up with earnest efforts. Please!
Devanshi Khetarpal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Is It Noon Already? by Devanshi Khetarpal )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- A Touching Rendition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dahshatgard, Bano Ali
- Safe Haven, Denis Martindale
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- But quarrelsome, gajanan mishra
- Period so brief, hasmukh amathalal
- Rapping Christmas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate
- Defective, gajanan mishra