Into the rain
You were a dream in the waking world, a postcard from the other side, a flourish in the summer rain, a distant note from the sweetest tune. Inclined before your soft request upon our mind we chose the rest of the evening then to linger there with you. We laughed to tears into our beers and spoke our name upon the wind, into our starry night we crossed the tracks beneath the moon, and came upon our little place all lit up with eyes of space. Woman of my dreams do answers flow in heaven's streams? I'll see you where the angels walk the golden streets and there I'll know it's you.
©2014 Tom Squires
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Into the rain by Tom Squires )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -67, Ronjoy Brahma
- Haiku, bonsai, S.D. TIWARI
- The Bloody Power Politics of The CPI(M), Bijay Kant Dubey
- Haiku, butterflies fly, S.D. TIWARI
- Live to Enjoy Life, Jaipal Singh
- Aphorisms, Noel Sevilla
- habit, laxami Cards
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey