Lawrence S. Pertillar
Innocence Has Taken Flight
So many moving further away from the basics,
With a determination to complicate...
A simple way of appreciating life,
Once thought magical and exciting at a time...
When minds were not bombarded to accept,
The presence of corruption, deception and crime.
It appears temptations and weaknesses are evident,
Innocence has taken flight.
With a speeding done that appears dedicated,
To leave behind all yesterdays...
A fast forward movement has advocated removing,
Those who have aged to witness time fly.
To be left to find excuses and more alibis,
As to why they sat to watch life with regrets.
Instead of adventuring to uncover,
Those sweet memories remembered and received...
As a peace of mind and happiness,
Is welcomed and better when reminisced.
'It seems to me that the past is all history now.'
That's why it is referred to as history.
Very few have an ability to reminisce the future.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Innocence Has Taken Flight by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Kind Santa, lee fones
- The Farmworker, Terry Dawson
- blow up doll, lee fones
- Please Mommy, Stephen Morris Jr
- Bruce Lee, A Star Sinked in the Sea of Art, Joseph Oladehinde Ibikunle
- rude book, lee fones
- To Rise Again, Tom Zart
- Clouds of brinkmanship, Oti Egwu
- Heroes, Nassy Fesharaki
- O1O→5959→1049 신규 대전오피, O1Oa5959a1049 O1Oa5959a1049
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Clear Midnight, Walt Whitman
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)