Our lives seem meaningless,
What are these demons
with which we must reason?
Is it in ourselves
That we kill all joy?
Why is reformation
Something we avoid?
It is within us that we must find peace,
It is then our inner struggle may cease.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Inner Demons by Devon McElveen )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Sir Rabindranath Tagore