In the Morning you Always Come Back
Dawn's faint breath
breathes with your mouth
at the ends of empty streets.
Gray light your eyes,
sweet drops of dawn
on dark hills.
Your steps and breath
like the wind of dawn
The city shudders,
you are life, an awakening.
in the light of dawn,
trill of the breeze,
the night is done.
You are light and morning.
Cesare Pavese's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In the Morning you Always Come Back by Cesare Pavese )
Did you read them?
- The Little Men, michael walkerjohn
- Furthest Right, michael walkerjohn
- Political Correctness, michael walkerjohn
- Shiva Stotram, umaprosad das
- THE SEASON, michael walkerjohn
- Far away, Gert Strydom
- THE DOMINIS, michael walkerjohn
- Tea dust, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Antilegomena, michael walkerjohn
- Sending All My Love, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns