In the Morning you Always Come Back
Dawn's faint breath
breathes with your mouth
at the ends of empty streets.
Gray light your eyes,
sweet drops of dawn
on dark hills.
Your steps and breath
like the wind of dawn
The city shudders,
you are life, an awakening.
in the light of dawn,
trill of the breeze,
the night is done.
You are light and morning.
Cesare Pavese's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In the Morning you Always Come Back by Cesare Pavese )
Did you read them?
- Saying I Do, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- A SONG FOR YOU, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Quick-Sand, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- this day, sheade rudman
- Love Always, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Smile Not For All, Savita Tyagi
- Life with you, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)