RoseAnn V. Shawiak
In The Hospital
Lying never-endingly upon a mattress, face up, staring at whatever comes within view.
Moving arms, legs, and head just to relieve aching back and muscles.
Thinking about all that has gone on, wondering how much longer this bed will be a part of you.
Tubes and needles being put in or taken out, leaving behind bruises and pain.
Being taken care of at a nurse's convenience, waiting, feeling sick, wishing to do things by yourself.
Tears of frustration stinging your eyes, as lying there, prayers form upon your lips.
Thoughts of home, husband, children fill your mind for a while, until the pain puts them aside.
Staring emptily into space, a limbo seems to set itself in place.
Hearing your name called, turning your head to see visitors - family and friends - as your eyes focus in.
Smiling happily inside-out, relaxing now for someone familiar - someone you've known all your life has arrived.
Steadily feeling stronger, trying to get well, is all easier when you know your family cares.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The Hospital by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)