Ramesh T A
Immortal Romantic Playwright!
Born and dead on Avon the same date,23rd April
Romantic playwright Shakespeare none can ignore!
He ever lives in his 32 Plays and 154 Sonnets......!
His plays are mirror to life reflecting about humans
In seven ages of men opening the curtain to show
As child, pupil, lover, soldier, courtier, wise, old man!
What a quintessence of precious dust man is, he says!
Warrior, philosophic in nature, gentle and noble man
Surely cannot take revenge on murderer of his father!
Unlike Hamlet, Prince Hal jovial with fat Falstaff, yet
At the time of emergency fights bravely for nation
And proves himself to be worthy son to his father!
That character Shakespeare develops further into
His favourite hero Richard III and gives a sketch
And full picture to the best he can to immortality!
Comedy or Tragedy or history, he shows his skill,
Power and range depicting characters none can forget
And refer in life parallel happenings to one and all!
Whoever loved, that loved not at first sight.....?
Love at first sight we came to know from him first!
Romeo and Juliet & Antony and Cleopatra live long!
Star crossed lovers' hearts stricken with arrow
Cupid boy releases from his bow never fails and
Lovers live or die together to be immortals ever!
Cleopatra's serpentine beauty captures hearts of
Emperor Julius Caesar and his faithful friend Antony
Till death and suicides herself by the bite of snake!
He creates romantic love life controlled by Nature
At first and at the end of his career makes Nature
Go under the control of man envisaging future too!
For him life is such stuff as dreams are made on
And is rounded off with a sleep at the end sure!
Closing curtain so in blank verse he ends in sonnets!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Immortal Romantic Playwright! by Ramesh T A )
- Your Fault, Von Kimball Barney
- Faking news, gajanan mishra
- Simply Is No End, Margaret Alice Second
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)