Ramesh T A
Immortal Romantic Playwright!
Born and dead on Avon the same date,23rd April
Romantic playwright Shakespeare none can ignore!
He ever lives in his 32 Plays and 154 Sonnets......!
His plays are mirror to life reflecting about humans
In seven ages of men opening the curtain to show
As child, pupil, lover, soldier, courtier, wise, old man!
What a quintessence of precious dust man is, he says!
Warrior, philosophic in nature, gentle and noble man
Surely cannot take revenge on murderer of his father!
Unlike Hamlet, Prince Hal jovial with fat Falstaff, yet
At the time of emergency fights bravely for nation
And proves himself to be worthy son to his father!
That character Shakespeare develops further into
His favourite hero Richard III and gives a sketch
And full picture to the best he can to immortality!
Comedy or Tragedy or history, he shows his skill,
Power and range depicting characters none can forget
And refer in life parallel happenings to one and all!
Whoever loved, that loved not at first sight.....?
Love at first sight we came to know from him first!
Romeo and Juliet & Antony and Cleopatra live long!
Star crossed lovers' hearts stricken with arrow
Cupid boy releases from his bow never fails and
Lovers live or die together to be immortals ever!
Cleopatra's serpentine beauty captures hearts of
Emperor Julius Caesar and his faithful friend Antony
Till death and suicides herself by the bite of snake!
He creates romantic love life controlled by Nature
At first and at the end of his career makes Nature
Go under the control of man envisaging future too!
For him life is such stuff as dreams are made on
And is rounded off with a sleep at the end sure!
Closing curtain so in blank verse he ends in sonnets!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Immortal Romantic Playwright! by Ramesh T A )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland
- Bicker and Swear, Donal Mahoney
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi