I had this image of you
that you painted yourself
that I completed with my imagination
and a golden frame
my fondest memories
of events yet to happen
were in this image
that was supposed to be you
now we have met and at second glance
it is a picture of a too sunny coast
a painting with cracked vernis
and the frame is now falling apart
since I am back the image is spitting
and I give it a week
till it’s gone altogether
Ina SchrodersZeeders's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Image Problems by Ina SchrodersZeeders )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen