I will not see the light this way
Ignore the child's cries and say
I wish I listened as I grew up
The more I think about these things
The 3 ring circus beckons me
The carousel of dreams sings non-stop
The pendulum swings
Slinging forth cursed cursive beings
With the means to end it all it seems
The silent screams are never enough
The pain teaches you how to learn
What you despise you will grow to love
Wisdom is pain cloaked in disguise, though just
From your eyes, so you grow without a crutch
What is fair? in all fairness, an opinion
Without pain, there is no growth
Without growth, there is no us
Allan Gerard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (~Illuminated~ by Allan Gerard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen