Down at the corner barroom
The fellows gibe and jest
For their homelife is too common,
Too vulgar for their taste.
So, when between their teeth
A tussle comes in view,
Each little snip of gossip
Is worth a month of chew.
Should any of their number
Admire a winsome dame,
Hi-ho, it’s off to the sporting
And fast into the game.
They say she is a swimmer
Of Olympian behest;
Why sure, how else could she have
Developed such a - chest?
I wonder, would it tingle
Her ears if she ever knew
How, from that quick and single
Glance, her statistics grew?
And how they tease and kid him
Until his face is scarlet,
And how they gibe an bid him
Woo this pretty starlet.
They have him roped and haltered,
And they almost have him hitched;
I’m sure it’s common knowledge,
So it wasn’t me who snitched.
Why should we spoil their jolly fun
By being too concise,
So we’ll neglect to point out
That she is another’s wife.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (IDLE FOLLY by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella