I've Been Alone
I've been alone for so long
I learned to live with it.
Sadness does not have me owned
Nor Happiness, forfeit.
I like the peace and freedom here-
The absence of dispute
Unchained from all the dreary tears,
I enjoy this solitude.
I don't know where Aloneness leads
Perhaps in time, it will bid goodbye
When Life is over, to rest indeed
Alone in the graveyard I will lie.
Copyright ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~06.13.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I've Been Alone by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- A Bridal Song, Naveed Khalid
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid
- Dirty Politics, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Luminous, Naveed Khalid
- Prayer, Naveed Khalid
- Heart Thieves, douglas scotney
- The CPI(M) , The Aim & Motive of It (The.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rings I Have Worn, Susan Lacovara
- Is The CPI(M) Itself Good And Gentle?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A daily fun!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL