I've Been Alone
I've been alone for so long
I learned to live with it.
Sadness does not have me owned
Nor Happiness, forfeit.
I like the peace and freedom here-
The absence of dispute
Unchained from all the dreary tears,
I enjoy this solitude.
I don't know where Aloneness leads
Perhaps in time, it will bid goodbye
When Life is over, to rest indeed
Alone in the graveyard I will lie.
Copyright ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~06.13.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I've Been Alone by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- X, Midnights Voice
- Drone .....[little SPY 'fly-by'; definit.., Bri Edwards
- Opposite People, Tony Adah
- The Exception Perception Has, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Know, Whats-his-name, Lawrence Beck
- Isis: Syria and Iraq, do something!, Rachel Nichols
- THE POOR PEOPLE AND THEIR POVERTY الفقرا.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I PROMISE, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- The Spyders, David Lewis Paget
- Monsoon., David Lessard