I've Been Alone
I've been alone for so long
I learned to live with it.
Sadness does not have me owned
Nor Happiness, forfeit.
I like the peace and freedom here-
The absence of dispute
Unchained from all the dreary tears,
Enjoy this solitude.
I don't know where Aloneness leads
Perhaps in time, will bid goodbye
When Life is over, to rest indeed
Alone in the graveyard there I lie.
Copyright ~~~Cynthia Buhain-Baello~~~06.13.13
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I've Been Alone by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- WE RIDE NORTH, AWAKEN!, Hibah Shabkhez
- I am the paradise, gajanan mishra
- Non-Belief and Nothing, douglas scotney
- Is poem everything?, gajanan mishra
- Universal Creed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Chalo na phir shuruyaat krte hai, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Kaise mai ye likh deta hoon! !, Ajeet Singh Dhruv
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak