Lawrence S. Pertillar
With few exceptions I will question.
And inspect that which I select,
To understand and comprehend...
What I seek answered,
Now and then.
Something that comes my way...
To attract my curiosity.
And leaving this dismissed to forget,
May have some perceive me as being naive.
But I live my life to question,
That which I might misunderstand.
I don't misquote or take notes from those,
Who perceive I should believe,
A point of view that does not connect.
Or left to accept the unknown I am shown.
If it is 'there' I want to be more aware of it.
What it means and how it benefits.
Therefore I question...
I just don't accept to have it perceived,
I arrived to obtain knowledge,
From someone who donated it as a volunteer.
I question until a clear connection has been made.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Question by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 5, 1934)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Snail I am, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Seurat, Ira Sadoff
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany