I'm a parent too...
You said you do not love me,
You said you did not care;
You took the kids and left me,
Was that considered fair?
Must the father give up all,
Must the father give up his child?
When you take away the love,
Why must you go away hog-wild?
I'm a parent too, not just a body,
I'm a dad, not just a worn out man;
Must you take away my children,
Till I've nothing on which to stand?
Life's a two way street, not one way,
Must you hide them from my sight?
They're as much mine, as they're yours,
Doesn't that sound proper and right?
The kids still love me, even if you don't,
They belong to me as they belong to you;
We we went our separate, lonely ways,
That don't mean their life with me, was through
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm a parent too... by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale
- Have You Loved An Angel?, Ronald Chapman
- Tohum Dükkanı, Deniz Atay
- Forgetting My Father, Ryan Scales
- Remembering My Father, Ryan Scales
- Senin Değilim, Deniz Atay
- Bir Ok, Bir Şarkı, Deniz Atay