I'm a parent too...
You said you do not love me,
You said you did not care;
You took the kids and left me,
Was that considered fair?
Must the father give up all,
Must the father give up his child?
When you take away the love,
Why must you go away hog-wild?
I'm a parent too, not just a body,
I'm a dad, not just a worn out man;
Must you take away my children,
Till I've nothing on which to stand?
Life's a two way street, not one way,
Must you hide them from my sight?
They're as much mine, as they're yours,
Doesn't that sound proper and right?
The kids still love me, even if you don't,
They belong to me as they belong to you;
We we went our separate, lonely ways,
That don't mean their life with me, was through
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'm a parent too... by david lessard )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(15 April 1958)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale