I'll Think of You
As I go to sleep, I'll think of you -
The things we've done, the things we'll do -
And my dreams of you will last and love will stay-
though the slumber hours, until the light of day.
And daytime thoughts will keep you near,
and a worried mind, I need not fear -
For your image walks beside me,
in all my plans and schemes -
I wouldn't want it any other way,
I think we'll make a darned good team!
And I'll send you all my love-
Though we're a thousand miles apart,
and you can store it with the rest,
deep within your loving heart.
I'll think of things we've done,
I'll think of things we'll do -
and when I go to sleep my love...
why then, I'll think of you.
david lessard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I'll Think of You by david lessard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Inner Composition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Firefly, John Shea
- Tranquil Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon
- Haiku: Haiku Cuts Haiku... (This is not .., Brian Johnston
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona
- Real, The Princess