I Long For The South Wind
I long for the south wind, blowing fair.
off of the Gulf, gently through my hair.
I long for the scented breezes of Spring,
I long for the Mockingbirds that sweetly sing.
I long for new grass from the Earth,
For swollen seeds bringing new birth.
I long for the sun high in the sky,
And fluffy clouds that gently fly.
I long for Spring and warm dry feet,
I hate the cold, I long for heat.
12/27/13 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Long For The South Wind by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Faits Sonnet, sheade rudman
- It Is Very Sad, Ronell Warren Alman
- Her Sonnet, sheade rudman
- ~Project Monarch~, Allan Gerard
- The Hand, Sandra Feldman
- ONLY ASHES OF AN UGLY AGGRESSION, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Day In July, Nick krakana
- Love, Tanja Bulovic
- Boxed, Barisan Chatterjee
- The Figure of a Priest, Emmanuel George Cefai