I Long For The South Wind
I long for the south wind, blowing fair.
off of the Gulf, gently through my hair.
I long for the scented breezes of Spring,
I long for the Mockingbirds that sweetly sing.
I long for new grass from the Earth,
For swollen seeds bringing new birth.
I long for the sun high in the sky,
And fluffy clouds that gently fly.
I long for Spring and warm dry feet,
I hate the cold, I long for heat.
12/27/13 Alton Texas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Long For The South Wind by Juan Olivarez )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian
- Compromised, M.J. Lemon
- I Want You, I Want You, A Girl Just Like.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Missing You, Gillu Rahul