I Long For The South Wind
I long for the south wind, blowing fair.
off of the Gulf, gently through my hair.
I long for the scented breezes of Spring,
I long for the Mockingbirds that sweetly sing.
I long for new grass from the Earth,
For swollen seeds bringing new birth.
I long for the sun high in the sky,
And fluffy clouds that gently fly.
I long for Spring and warm dry feet,
I hate the cold, I long for heat.
12/27/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Long For The South Wind by Juan Olivarez )
Poem of the Day
- I Remember, I Remember, Thomas Hood
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1886 - 1967)
(November 9 - 1937)