I Long For The South Wind
I long for the south wind, blowing fair.
off of the Gulf, gently through my hair.
I long for the scented breezes of Spring,
I long for the Mockingbirds that sweetly sing.
I long for new grass from the Earth,
For swollen seeds bringing new birth.
I long for the sun high in the sky,
And fluffy clouds that gently fly.
I long for Spring and warm dry feet,
I hate the cold, I long for heat.
12/27/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Long For The South Wind by Juan Olivarez )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher