I Don't Want To Be Richr. I Don't Want To Be Rich… Rudiments Of A Killing Floor. Semblance Of A Dream.Semblance Of A Dream.
The cold wind floats in war cries of past tribes.
The spirits of these plains inhabit the prairie fires.
When I enter one of those places, you know gambling houses?
people often ask me howling how I made out,
sometimes un verbal and in their eyes.
I answer Alive.
They say thats the spirit but little do they know we all have our weight
and I never gamble.
Life is dubious enough and the turns are immense, and the luck piece of lint in the wind
my inside out pockets like sails lead me to paramount freedoms all in the realm of now
what could be is uncertain and what was is lackluster.
I don't chase my losses.
Money Is nothing to me
and my love of life Brings me out of the gambling house alive.
I make music with my pen, still things melt, and static nudes jump, celebrate.
Gambling houses are worldly microcosms inhibited by all races, religions, and socio economic casts.
When I met a vietnamese patronI asked if they remember My Lai remember cluster bombs, operation rolling thunder?
The arabs, Desert storm?
The Puerto ricans, Bootstrap
The ecocide, democide, plague, famine, Small pox Blankets,
The blacks, blood diamonds, Tuskegee, Katrina, King, Malcolm, Mumia?
Americans, Business wars that took the lives of your sons and daughters, PNAC,1776,1917,1969,1984,911?
Maybe We forgive and forget?
Maybe its like the repression a rape victim uses to move on?
Maybe its the educational system?
Maybe its the snake oil?
Maybe the analysts?
I don't want to be rich, thats a dream, only die comfortable with dignity and love.
Incubi and sucubi hover above the smokey killing floor
The american Indians have amnesia
Or just do what the have to to get by
there is a specter on these plains and that rag used to capture it is covered in blood
the tower of babel disguised as the entertainment industry.
And the greedy spirits laugh with the ignorant...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Want To Be Richr. I Don't Want To Be Rich… Rudiments Of A Killing Floor. Semblance Of A Dream.Semblance Of A Dream. by jerome moore )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Steve Turner
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra
- Now I am Mr. Delight, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The 7 Signs of The Holy Night...(In Haik.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- The Day After Chris+mas...(A 10 Word Acr.., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- So encouraging, hasmukh amathalal
- So Good, Michael P. McParland
- Snuggle, Michael P. McParland
- To speak untruth, hasmukh amathalal