I Danced Before My Giridhara
I danced before my Giridhara.
Again and again I dance
To please that discerning critic,
And put His former love to the test.
I put on the anklets
Of the love of Shyam,
And behold! My Mohan stays true.
Worldly shame and family custom
I have cast to the winds.
I do not forget the beauty of the Beloved
Even for an instant.
Mira is dyed deeply in the dye of Hari.
Mirabai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Danced Before My Giridhara by Mirabai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Untitled 2, Breanna Elwin
- Untitled 4, Breanna Elwin
- Oh! Abiku, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Minstral, Paola Degli Esposti
- Raw Youth, Tiku akp
- A Song of Faith, Husna Amin
- can we be punky, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- The sense of the world, SALINI NAIR
- A sad story song lyric..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Nothing, Breanna Elwin